Thursday, April 12, 2012

Question of the Day

I love the idea of New Year's Resolutions ( i.e. fresh starts, a chance for do-overs, opportunities for change); however like most well intentioned people I have a hard time following through.  I blame it on my "glass half empty" mentality.  At the beginning of each year I am enthusiastic , and secretly relieved to have survived another year of Christmas Mayhem, but the enthusiasm quickly fades.  The desire to lose weight, be a better person, conquer something on my Mid-Life Crisis List, falls to the wayside as the day-in-and-day-out routine consumes half of the liquid in my glass.  I am not alone, which is why many individuals choose not to make any New Year Resolutions.  For what ever reason though, I generally jump in enthusiastically every January 1st just to find out what I am not capable of conquering.

However, 2012 I decided was going to be different!  I decided to make two resolutions - neither of which deal with weight loss.  This year I decided I would make resolutions that involve hobbies, interests, obsessions - Paper!  First, I decided to do my part for the USPS and send out 52 Mailings in 52 Weeks.  I am proud to announce that the mailings are on track!  They have consisted primarily of cards to friends and family for birthdays or special events. I have made a conscious effort to personalize these items with a hand written note or letter.  During my first year in college (many moons ago), I wrote several letters every week and received oodles of snail mail in return.  There was no email, twitter, or social networking, just my P.O. Box.  I still have many of the letters I received during college.   These small little packages of encouragement and laughs were often times what kept me motivated.

Second, I decided to keep some form of a journal.  I knew it had to be short and sweet, or I would...well, QUIT!  Then I read the article below about the Q. & A. a Day journal that is posted below.  I knew that this was the answer!  I look forward to each day's new question, and it generally takes me less than five minutes to record my response.  As the article mentions, you answer a new question each day of the year.  However, you respond to the same question on that particular day over a period of five years.  It will be interesting to look back over the years and see how my answers have evolved...or not!

So, today's Question/Challenge of the Day is.....

Q.  Write down a new fact you recently learned.

A.  ?

I'll post my answer tomorrow just in case I come across a really fun fact over the course of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
VA, United States
Christopher Scott is a pen name under which my paper concoctions are created. My pen is a compilation of family names and recognizes those that endure the chaos surrounding my paper obession. During childhood many hours were spent cutting, pasting,and creating merely for personal enjoyment. College consisted of much more of the same as I cut, pasted, and created my way through Architecture School. Now, many years later my paper addiction ensues. Hence, Christopher Scott (a.k.a. paperholic)